Saturday, October 3, 2009

4 October 2009 ride report - Turut track...finally!

I was blogging this morning about finding a remedy for boredom and was writing how being on a motorcycle was so much fun. With each word I wrote, I felt more and more compelled to ride. Hahahaha! So I put on my gear and headed out before the weather decided to take a turn for the worse.

I don't know about you...but I have this thing about roads. It is a little like the thing I had with eggs when I was younger...well actually...even now. Hahaha! You see, I simply never get tired of having eggs. I love them hard boiled, soft boiled, half boiled, fried sunny side up, fried once over easy, steamed smooth, steamed rigid, made into an omelette, cut into strips as garnish...you get the idea. In fact, I could have an entire plate of rice mixed with nothing but a raw egg and some condiments!

So back to this thing I have about roads. I never get tired of them. To be more precise, I enjoy exploring roads. All sorts of roads. And I can go back to the same road over and over again without getting tired of it. I have been riding on Neo Tiew Road quite a lot in the last two months. There isn't a week that would go by without me being on that road. I like that there are so many smaller roads to explore around there. I noticed a track there during one of my rides and made a note to return some day. So this morning I decided to go see what that track had to offer.

Before anyone thinks that there is a race track in Lim Chu Kang, let me clarify that when I use the word "track", I am referring to a "small road that leads to a place that looks remote and quiet". With that out of the way, let me return to my morning adventure.

I made my way out as quickly as I could since I only had an hour for today's ride. Uncharacteristically, I decided to take the expressway. The ride on the expressway felt shorter than usual. I was thinking about the track the entire time, wondering what I would discover. I remembered how the track looked like when I last rode pass it the other night. It looked inviting, with gently meanders and lit with elegantly arranged road lamps lining the sides. At night, it looked a little mysterious, like the kind of roads that smugglers would use to get to their hideouts. I was getting more excited by the minute!

Eventually, I was riding along Neo Tiew Road and saw a road sign that read "Turut Track". Happily, I turned my bike onto the track and started exploring the place. To my left was dense vegetation, to my right was a huge field, sparsely populated with metal structures used for relaying radio waves. I could see what looked like the end of the track before long and wondered if that was all it had to offer. When I got closer, I realized that it was a sharp S-shaped bend which led to another section!

In this second section, the vegetation and field swapped sides. I decided to stop my and take a picture.

Just in case you are wondering, yes, that is my bike. I had it repainted recently...hehehe...will tell you more about that experience in another article. Look at that view! It was breathtaking! I just loved those clouds, the tall towers, the open space, the trees...being here made the expressway ride more than worthwhile!

I rode on soon after taking this photography and the scene changed again. There were several more bends and the track was surrounded on both sides by trees. I have always liked roads that cut through dense vegetation and forests. This one was no exception!

Can you see the track? It is almost perfect. Not too wide and not too narrow. There is enough tree cover to keep it cool, and just enough of clearing to let in some light. I spent quite awhile just taking it all in.

All too soon, it was time to go. Reluctantly, I got onto my bike and headed further in, partly hoping to get to the end of the track (so I know how it ended), and partly hoping I won't see it (so there would be more to explore). Well, I did get to the end of the track quickly. I made a U-turn and headed for home.

The ride home was uneventful...except that I noticed yet another trail that I saw before.

I can't wait for my next ride!

*see more pictures of my newly painted bike in my gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment