Friday, September 11, 2009

7 September 2009 ride report - A simple blog

I wanted to do up a blog report for this ride like some of the others that I have done. But I decided that I was running out of time as the rides were coming in fast and the reports were coming out slow. So rather than let me creativity be stifled, I thought I'd just post the pictures from the ride and write something short. HEY!!! Isn't that what a blog is all about? Hahaha!

I wanted to see the eastern part of Singapore this night and started off from Mountbatten. The idea was to ensure I had the opportunity to ride towards Changi area. However, due to the timing of the meet up at 8pm, the way east was going to be congested from the folks returning home. So I decided to head out to the south first.

The Marina Barrage is a great place to be. It is almost always breezy and peaceful. The colourful lights at night makes it double the joy. We spent quite a lot of time here chatting and taking pictures of whatever caught my fancy.


I could not resist taking this series of pictures of the feature fountain. The colour of the light changes dramatically as the shape of the fountain morphs. It was a sight to behold. I spent quite a lot of time here at the fountain just because it was so captivating!

There's a magnificent roof garden at the Marina Barrage. It is mind-boggling to think that they managed to build such a large garden up on top of a roof! The view here is magnificent.
The night sky was filled with just the right amount of clouds, illuminated by the different lights from the city. I just love the way the clouds show up in a dark sky because of these different coloured lights. It is awesome!

Walking over to the other side of the roof garden, I was rewarded with a picture of serenity at work.
See the way the calm waters reflect the lights from the gazebos on the bridge and how that industrial construction area looks like its guarding this serenity with pride.

Here's a little piece of quiz for you...the next two pictures were taken quite awhile apart. See if you can figure out where I took them...


Of course, no night riding is complete without a nice spot of supper or kopi or some way to nourish the hungry tummy...this was what I had...
...and it was SUPER YUMMY!!! Sorry, no prizes for guessing where you can get hold of this solid late night supper food!

Well, that's all from me for this simple report. Looking forward to more rides...and lets hope I don't have to get a new set of protection gear...hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment